One of my favorite sayings about the odds of something happening has always been "that's about as likely as a snowballs chance in h-e-double-toothpicks" (this is a G-rated blog people) which I've abbreviated to "snowballs chance."
In every day usage, this is what it looks like: Is Sara going to really make good on her promise to give up eating sugar? "Snowballs chance." What are the chances that no one is going to get hurt when I see my boys on the trampoline wearing helmets and carrying baseball bats? "Snowballs chance." See what I mean? Very handy- short and to the point.
That was before I lived in Arizona.
Now, I've not been to h-e-double-toothpicks, but I have a hard time believing it could be hotter than here. Fire and brimstone have NOTHING on Arizona in the summertime. When I'm outside it feels like I'm someone's entree parked under that heat lamp, waiting to be served. I can actually feel my brain simmering. So I've modified my little saying- "Snowball's chance- in Arizona."
Now that the heat has finally broken for the "Fall" (if you can call 90 degree weather Fall) I'm starting to love living here again- cactus and all. The best months are Nov-Dec-Jan- when a snowball's chances dramatically improve.
2 comments:
Yeah, that must be it, I must need to move back.
So my sophmore year in highschool, I'm in class and I hear a buzzing of excitement from outside. Like there is movement and noises from everyone in the entire school. We all get up and go outside where we also join the freakout as we are standing in the Arizona valley and snow is falling on our faces. In Gilbert no less. First time in like 76 years or so. Teachers let us skip the hour to enjoy the monumental moment as we couldn't believe it possible. It snowed for an hour and a half, and was on the news- etc., etc.
Point to be made...anything is possible. Giving up sugar and all. The way I see it though, you've got 76 years before it can actually happen. So eat Neilsens and ENJOY! :)
Post a Comment