A few weeks ago he learned to roll over to his back and started doing it 3-4 times a night. Being unable to get back to sleep, he cried and wake me, I'd go in and turn him back over...again...and again...and again....it was like dying a slow death. EVERY NIGHT. I am now thoroughly convinced of the effectiveness of sleep-deprivation as a torture technique. I would've told my deepest darkest secrets for the chance to sleep through the night again.
I hoped he'd get over it. He didn't. I tried to fix it. I couldn't. I tried to figure out which way he was turning and lay him up against the side of his bed so he couldn't do it anymore. I even stuck him in between two little padded things- the ones that are designed to keep a newborn on it's back. No good. He rolled over all of them and I'd always find him a la cockroach- kicking his legs and waving his arms and not able to right himself.
Sooo- desperation IS the mother of invention. Sometimes, it is the mother of unusual invention. Like this.
He doesn't roll over in the middle of the night anymore. I haven't outlawed rolling over during the day.
7 comments:
SARA!!!
I think there's a chance the sleep deprivation has gotten to you.
You'd better hope that Child Protective Services doesn't get a hold of this, or you are TOAST!
I love it. We all have desperate moments. Rob and I once tried taping Jeffrey's binky to his mouth when it kept falling out.
I've also "tied" Nathan to his bed when he was at that awful age where he wouldn't stay in his bed for naptime. I put on his monkey harness/leash and attached it to his bed. It worked like a dream. Once he couldn't leave the room, he'd get bored and fall asleep and take his much-needed naps. But just for the whole worry/CPS issues, I would actually go in and unclip the leash part of the harness once he fell asleep, so he didn't somehow strangle himself.
Seriously sara. Just when I start to think that you are a terrible parent, you go and do something like this and TOTALLY redeem yourself!
You are so funny! I wish I would have thought of that! haha jk
desperate times call for desperate measures, right? I want to know what Dan really said when he saw your baby wedged between a rock and a hard place.
Sara... you are HILARIOUS! Sleep deprivation is awesome though. I have that right now with a newborn. It is no fun. I am glad you figured out how to keep him from rolling over!
Lindi
Post a Comment