I asked Adam what shape pancake he wanted for breakfast and he said "An alien."
Dan taking the kids to "hike" the "mountain" near our home. The quote marks should clue you in on the fact that it's really a big hill, and that what they call hiking really means loading up their backpacks with yummy snacks and stopping on the trail to eat every 5 minutes.
One of my favorite things that happens nearly every morning is one or more kids getting in my bed to snuggle. Yes, I know I should be up before them so I can read my scriptures, exercise, bake bread and welcome them after they get up with a warm breakfast...but I just can't seem to give up morning snuggles.
Seriously now, could you give this up? For baking bread? Definitely for the scriptures- but I will get that in later. Jonathan (pictured here with Jake) has already banned me kissing him in front of his other kindergarten friends (snif snif) so something tells me I'd better hang on to morning snuggles as long as I can.

My sister-in-law Laura took this of Jake and I just love it. Maybe I love it because he has one of my hairs in his hand- probably ripped out of the really tender spot at the back of my neck where he gets his best death-grip. Mostly I love his rolls- he is my chubbiest baby yet. Why I consider that an accomplishment, I don't know. There is just something kind of sad to me about skinny babies.
The boys are 6!! Birthday presents this year were all about Star Wars.
Seriously, I am a Jedi. Don't make me use my light saber on you.
Conned the boys into going to "Sweet Tomatoes" for their birthday dinner (free b-day dinner for kids). Unlike Rachel who would eat salad all day, they said "Is there anything else except lettuce here?"
When I'm not a Jedi, I'm a dollar-store-helmet wearing really cool guy!
5 comments:
I hiked that mountain at Easter, I think you summed it up very well. I love that pic. of Jake and the boys look awesome in their dollar store helmets.
Also I love the new title.
I love the alien-shaped pancake. HIlarious. I also love morning snuggles. Maybe we should institute that at our house. Jacob is so adorable! The rolls add to it. I wish I had chubbier babies. Mine are skinny, but at least they have yummy chubby cheeks.
I cannot believe how big your kids have gotten. Whose that big girl and where did baby Rachel go?!
Morning cuddles are the best! I hope Preston never gets embarrassed by my kisses, but something tells me it's just normal when they grow up.
It's about time you posted! I love your posts. I NEED your posts! What have you been up to mother of 4?
Hey, how close are you to Scottsdale?
Post a Comment