Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ok so the"no sugar" thing...

It's going great! (lie) It is sooo much easier than I ever thought it would be! (lie) So super-duper easy! Uh-huh! Easy easy easy. No problems, no temptations. (lie lie lie)

I can't! It's too hard! I am defenseless against the sample basket of chocolate chip cookies at Paradise Bakery! I am feeble, flimsy, frail, weak, wimpy and wishy-washy (thanks thesaurus.com) when it comes to the dessert menu!

The trouble is, I leave my house. The only sugar in my house is a jar of semi-fossilized jelly beans. As Dan will attest (as he grumbles, opening cupboard after cupboard hoping some new junk food will have magically appeared since the last time he looked) our house is bereft of anything that even resembles junk food. As long as I don't leave my house, I'm FINE. As long as I go to the library, the bank, or even the grocery store, I'm FINE. But, take me to a meeting for homeschool moms at Paradise Bakery and it's GAME OVER. Take me out to dinner with Jon and Laura (who had the nerve to order a dessert for 4) and I don't say a word as I savor every bite of my icecream.

So , I just have to never ever go anywhere but the library or the bank. Ok, that's easy. Or, just work on giving up something easier like...thinking, thinking... hotdogs or some equally detestable food.

Hmmmm. Maybe hotdogs is the answer! Baby steps...one at a time...I'll start with hotdogs and then progress on to other "machine-separated" meat products like chicken nuggets (except Chick-Fil-A)! Eventually, with iron willpower developed after vanquishing one mystery meat product after another (I may even take bologna on!) I'll be ready to face my foe sugar.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No sugar AND no shopping? Is this an early death threat? Are we suppose to be panicking? Should we contact the authorities?? What are you telling us with these crazy ideas?

Dan? Dan are you there? Are you reading this?? Shhh-Listen...I will Fed-X you some Lucky Charms and Coco Puffs but need your work address so as not to trigger more of Sara's craziness. Mum's the word. You can thank me via cold stone creamery when Joe and I come next month.

Oh Sara...is that you? Oooooh hey. Um, I was just telling Dan what a great job you are doing at this whole- um- ya know- sacrificing stuff. So uh...great job.

P.S. those rock hard jelly beans can be softened in the microwave in 8 seconds flat. Good as gold.

TJ said...

Sara, life is nothing once you've sucked all the sugar out. Think quality of life. If your totally toothpick skinny next time I see you, I'll know you live a miserable life.
It's not worth it.
Have a smore.

I'm a bad support friend.

Kimbooly said...

Ok, so I got home today from vacation (abt 2 am), and I'm with you, Sara! (Does that make me a good support friend?)

I am back on the bandwagon as of about 2 am (this morning I ate a snickers bar AND a twix bar while driving the last stretch sometime past midnight, near San Bernadino).

Today I'm really trying to listen to my body, and notice when I'm full and it's completely psychological. I made it through breakfast, lunch, and dinner without so much as a piece of candy. Amazing. I even picked Subway over Taco Bell for dinner.

My biggest problem is that I supply yummy piano rewards for promising students, and I've learned they won't eat the candy I won't eat; they like the good stuff. So it's already in my house. Talk about needing extra willpower! Tonight I did pick up a variety of sugar-free Trident packs. Hopefully they will be my replacement treat.

Melissa said...

Hi Sara! Just stopped by to see how life was treating you in AZ by way of Karen's blog. I think I could read your blog all day. You crack me up. You should be a writer. And a Late Congrats on #4.

Anonymous said...

The no sugar thing... well, it was a good try. It's a good thing we don't have to repent for the sweets we eat. By the way, I'm with TJ on this one, life is nothing once you've sucked all the sugar out.
Aloha,

ps
could you email me your address.

Nielsen Fam said...

Hi Sar, It's been a long time! I love seeing pictures of your sweet family! Congrats on your new little boy, he is beautiful! Hope all is well, keep in touch.
Luv,
Stac
www.nielsenfamilyfun.blogspot.com

TJ said...

I discovered a new way to go off sugar. BRACES. Actually, I'm just off food.

stewbert said...

Kimberly sent me over here. *snort* You summed up my feelings on my recent decision to give up Pepsi.

I've had nightmares that "friends" dump mine out when we go out to eat.

*sigh*