Thursday, July 10, 2008
christopher creek
Dan came home from work last week and said "Let's go somewhere." Two hours (no small feat) later we had loaded up our gas-guzzler and, putting thoughts of $4/gallon gas out of our minds, we headed out of hotter-than you-know-where Mesa and headed for the hills. We stayed in Christoper Creek at a "lodge" (a term applied generously- more like a wooden Motel 6) but had a GREAT time despite being able to hear our neighbors. The rooms had lofts in them for the kids to sleep in. All day long as we went from fun activity to fun activity, the kids begged "Can we just go back to the hotel (pronounced "hoe-tail" by Rachel in some inexplicable left over Texas-ness) to play?" They loved it. I loved seeing them run around on the grass at the "town party" as Johnny called it. I loved seeing Rachel chicken out of going to the top of the climbing wall, only to go back and say "I can do it this time, I know I can!" and the look on her face when she went all the way to the TOP! I loved watching Dan and Jacob cuddling. I loved the HUGE rainstorm that came up and how it sent everyone scurrying under some park cabanas, and how everyone made room for each other and made sure the kids weren't getting wet as strangers got to know one another in close quarters. I loved just being with my little family.













Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The pictures make it look so fun, but the way you describe it sounds - I don't know, somehow like the best summer weekend ever. I'm glad you went.
Way to be spontaneous, which is incredible considering, well, everything. It looks like such a fabulous weekend. Way to go Rachel! And that ice cream may just be the most unnaturally blue color I have ever seen, but I bet it was good.
How fun! We still have some texas-ness left too... caught myself say y'all the other day. The children look sooooo happy.
Post a Comment