Wednesday, June 25, 2008

tattle-tale tally

This one is for you Sonya :) Listening to our collective 7 kids telling on each other for various and sundry rule infractions my friend Sonya said "You should keep track of all the things that your kids tattle about for a whole week." Like I need another project.

But, as I listened to their tattling, I began to see some really funny things emerging. There where the usuals: "Mom, Johnny hit me" (13 times) "Mom, Rachel is being the boss of me" (9 times) "Mom, Adam is eating all the chocolate chips out of the trail mix" and some other funnies.

Here are the best:
Adam: "Mom, Johnny said I'm not the awesomest!"
Johnny: "Mom, Adam kicked me in the vagina!" When asked why he didn't use the p-word (because he knows that word) he said "Well mom, you said we couldn't say that word anymore!" (the result of an embarrassing grocery-store episode.) Good substitution.

4 comments:

TJ said...

HA HA HA, there aren't even words!
Well, I guess there is - vagina

Anonymous said...

LOL, That's a scrapbooking moment! It's good for future bribes.

Kimbooly said...

This is just too funny for words.

I had kind of a funny experience this morning. One of my 9 year old piano students arrived, and I had lent a personalized "growing up" book to his mom that I recently used with Jeffrey as he asked about sex, that my mom used with me. It covers a lot of things about growing up, developing talents, preparing for missions & the tempe, as well as marriage.

For some reason his mom chose to send the book/packet back with him to lessons, and he handed it to me when he came in. I simply asked, "Oh, did you and your mom get to look at this?," remembering my Hindu friend looked at it with her son without bringing up the birds and the bees (and just passed over the mission & marriage in the temple part). What I got was 15 minutes of this kid talking to me about what he had learned about sex and how his mom's explanation (a very neat explanation of procreation) made so much sense to him.

I just have to say, I was highly amused. I tried gently changing the conversation and working on our piano lesson, but it took us 15 minutes to get started! Luckily my summer lessons are 45 min so we still had time to practice songs!

Oh, and can I say that I think 9 is a little young? Jeffrey only asked these questions a couple of months ago! It's so cute to me, though, that when we ended up discussing things, he explained he thought his testicles were his kidneys!

Sonja said...

I love that you posted this "for me"
We had Sean's cousin's wife watch our kids today while we took care of some stuff and when we got in the car to leave Jackson turned to me and said "can we go to Adam and Johny's house now?"
On another note - we put an offer on a house today that has plenty of room for when you come visit!! Hint...hint....