Without any help from me, my kids have divided their behavior into two categories: "following Jesus' plan" and "following Satan's plan." It has produced some really funny moments along with some consternation on their part as they have accused one another of "following Satan's plan" when naughtiness happens. Rachel will usually angrily retort "No I'm NOT!" when such an accusation is leveled, Adam bursts into tears, and Jonathan just shrugs it off. I've not been sure if I should address it- after all, they even pray for help following Jesus' plan. What could be wrong with that?
A long-time, very sweet friend (thankfully) joined us for a swim the other day. Upon seeing the tattoos on her wrist and foot, Adam sat down beside her and said "You have some tattoos." "Yes," she answered matter-of-factly and then added "I didn't make a very good choice, did I?" He studied her for a minute and then, with all the earnestness he had, said "Sometimes people follow Satan's plan- but they can repent!" She smiled broadly and said "I did!" He grinned, satisfied that his work was done, put on his goggles and got in the pool.
I'm still not sure what I should do about it, if anything. This is the same boy who tried to cheer me up one day by telling me a story about Spiderman, Superman and Joseph Smith, the three superheroes that went around the world helping people to read their scriptures. For now, I'll just be grateful that he knows he can repent, and that he holds Joseph Smith in the same esteem as Spiderman and Superman.
1 comment:
I absolutely love your kids; they are hilarious... and pretty dang smart too!
Post a Comment