We now have five children. Micah Ray Fisk was born on September 27, 2009. The three of you who actually read this blog already know that, but just so he feels important many years hence when my children realize that this truly is the only record I kept of our lives together (consistent journal writing is a goal every year, but again, execution is a little elusive) I want to make sure he knows he was important enough to merit an official mention.
These kids are the sun around which their dad and I orbit- pulled constantly toward them by the most tender of feelings that could only have God in heaven as their source. Family life is simply amazing. Outside of the quest to know my Heavenly Father and his Son, there is nothing that has transformed me like being a wife and mother- and actually, for me, those two things are intertwined as to be almost one. As I see the effects of my fault and weaknesses play out in their innocent lives I can't help but want to change- and the only way to change is through Christ. So daily, we meet as I try to root out all the impatient, controlling, lazy, unkind, resenting parts of me. Sometimes I find Him, sometimes He finds me. I am so grateful to live in a family.
10 comments:
Micah will thank you.
What you said about your faults and weaknesses playing out in their lives is painful for me to read. I don't like to think about that for me and my kids, too much self reflection.
Hey, I read your blog! So there's got to be more than three.
There is a spiritual depth to your thinking and personality which I have long noted, appreciated, and admired.
I think one of the most profound things I've ever heard was, in the context of reaching the celestial kingdom, "y es más alcanzable que nos damos cuenta" (3 February 1997).
Thank you for your example and continuing friendship.
That's what an auto-update blog list is for. If you post only once a year, it puts your blog name at the top of my list so I know to come look. : )
Oh, and the last 3 lines of your last paragraph are SO true. And so well-said. There really is nothing that makes me want to change more than seeing my worst traits being reflected in my children's mirroring actions.
Oops, I meant to say, the last *few* lines of your last paragraph are so profound, not the last 3.
I was so affected by the following that I have pasted it in my own journal (quoting you and adding my own comments, of course; I could never pretend I wrote something so profound and concise):
"As I see the effects of my fault and weaknesses play out in their innocent lives I can't help but want to change- and the only way to change is through Christ. So daily, we meet as I try to root out all the impatient, controlling, lazy, unkind, resenting parts of me. Sometimes I find Him, sometimes He finds me."
Beautiful post Sara. I can't believe you have 5 kids! CRAZY! They are so gorgeous. Good to see pics of you and Dan. Love you, miss you!
Jenna
hey...good to hear from you on the blog, always love reading your cute stories and/or profound thoughts!! what a gorgeous family you guys are...."i see 7 fisks"....unbelieveable how your family has grown since we last saw you! hope all is well with you down there, tell dan and the kids HELLO!!
Congrats! As always, you're amazing!
Okay. I am one person that had no idea you had a baby! Congrats! He is beautiful. What a great picture of your kids. They are stunning! Miss you guys!
Cute family! I found your blog from Kimberly Wilsons, whose blog I found from Stacy Yarringtons. I didnt know you were even pregnant again, I check your blog periodically but no mention. anyway Congrats on the new baby!
i always like your posts on here. you have such profound things to say all the time. i miss being in the same ward as you and listening to your comments. your the type of person that make people reflect on their own lives and motivate us to improve.
Post a Comment