It's the war on beans. Some of you may know about my recent tumultuous relationship with beans It's THE MOST love/hate relationship I've ever had. I love to eat beans, I hate to make them. I've burned them, spilled them all over me, made huge messes with them and ruined batch after batch of #$%@ beans! My last batch of beans looked SO promising until I got a little too fancy with the spices and they went the way of all the other beans I've made since living here in AZ- DOWN THE DRAIN, into the disposal. So far the score is: Beans, 5, Sara 0. BUT. I am a fighter. I WILL WIN.
Yesterday I bought the COSTCO size bag of pinto beans. I WILL WIN even if it takes me the entire bag. I will produce an edible batch of beans if it is the LAST thing I do.
8 comments:
Right now I'm losing the war on sweets. Last week, I was really good until the weekend. And exercised, too. This week, however,...
Here's yesterday's score. I won't bother telling you all the little things I ate yesterday, but their initials are 5 Riesens, 2 small bags of Famous Amous cookies, 6 gum drops, 2 chocolate chip cookies, 4 red vines.
Sweets 19
Kimberly 0
Aggggh! And I didn't exercise yesterday, what's wrong with me?
I'm blog-hopping this morning trying NOT to think about the goodies in my house right now. Yes, I know, I know, I should just go chuck them all, those yummy treats that I mean to reward myself with one treat a day at a time.
Oh, good luck with those beans.
This recipe from my friend's blog looked good enough that I wanted to try it, even though I've never attempted beans before.
http://www.whataboutmomblog.com/2008/07/16/recession-refried-beans/
I bet your disposal has quite a case of gas. hehe:)
I believe in you!! You can conquer the beans. :) LOL You're so funny! Personally I like making 15 bean soup, so yummy, and easy. Anyway, how are you lately, it's been a while since we chatted? I think your blog posts are awesome! I'm totally losing the no-sugar battle too by the way, if that makes you feel any better!
Tiff
I hope you win!
I am getting gas just reading this! :)
My motto with beans is to keep in simple: onion, garlic, salt, cilantro and cumin. I am sure there are better recipes out there, but we sure like these ones. And since we like them, we actually get to eat them. We can make them when I come in TWO MONTHS!! Hooray!
Two words: crock pot. I have yet to burn beans in it. I just throw them in with chicken broth and some turmeric and salt and some tomatoe sauce and set it for like 7 hours and they turn out OK. I, too, LOVE beans.
Post a Comment