Monday, June 2, 2008

Jacob is Here!!!



Today I witnessed the birth of a child. Wow! Just writing that gives me chills. It's like, just how many times in your life can you say you've done that? And, tomorrow I will witness a circumcision. Again, a very rare opportunity. :) I feel like have completely taken it for granted. As if it's something I haven't seen before. Something new. It was nothing short of a miracle.

Jacob Fisk was born today at 1:03pm. There were no complications. Both he and Sara are doing well. Well, he is more comfortable than Sara, that is for sure. Sara was amazingly calm and composed throughout the entire process. She was amazing; beautiful and dignified. They are both going to stay in the hospital for another two days, then we get to bring him home.

He is such a cute baby! Weighing in at 7 lbs, 2 oz and measuring 20 inches long, he is one inch longer and about a half a pound heavier than Rachel was back in 2001.

I can't really say who he looks like yet. As I stared as him for a long time, while Sara was sleeping, I couldn't help but wonder, "Does he have my nose or Sara's? Does he look more like Adam & Johnny or Rachel? What a cute little mouth! Whose is it?". I just couldn't tell. "Will his ears always look flat like that, or is that just being a newborn?"

Anyway, I am excited to post all the pictures we took today.

- Dan Fisk


Don't look behind the curtain!


First moments.


Not happy getting all cleaned up.


That's better.


His first nap on a full stomach.


First look.


Johnny, Rachel and Adam are
happy to hold their new brother.


Big sister gets a turn to hold him alone.


Adam's turn. Ta-da!


Johnny can do it too!


Still sleeping.

Below are some more pictures my sister Laura Higginbotham took this evening.














20 comments:

Jared said...

Congratulations!!!! Or as we say in New York, Mazel Tov!

We're so happy for your family. Sara you look like a champ, but I guess it was only 1 kid...

Spencer said...

Congrats guys, can't wait to see him in person

Spencer, Irene, and Kids

Anonymous said...

We are soooo glad he is here! The pictures are beautiful. The boy has some huge mits! He'll be an amazing addition to the already great Fisk clan. I'm so glad everyone is well, and we send our love!

Karen said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys.

Ramona said...

What a wonderful post Dan!! I love hearing it all from the Dad perspective. Sara, you look amazing!!! Congratulations. Love, the Cutri Family

جبرا said...

Congratulations guys. Jared stole the Hebrew words but as we say in the Middle East Mabrook مبروک or تبريك Tabrik and May you live long and see his children and their children :) Jabra

familia Bybaran said...

Congratulations to you. Wonderful. Mobarak! Yay! He's beautiful. So glad everything went well. We love you and can't wait to talk to you soon.

Daniel and Marian said...

Sara and Dan, how beautiful! Congratulations, we are so happy for you. What a champion mama and proud papa. We love you,

Daniel and Marian Marriott

TJ said...

Yeah, I'm so excited for you guys, Sara great job, you look amazing as usual. Dan the way you wrote about them was so nice, it made me like you that much more. I love his name! I can't wait to see you guys again.

Kimbooly said...

Dan and Sara, we are so happy for you. Bringing a precious life into this world is absolutely priceless, and look at your beautiful growing family! I hope Sara is able to recuperate well! Dan, you are always glowing with your remarks on how Sara gives birth. I wonder if it was any easier only having one baby this time!

Anonymous said...

Sara, Congratulations! He is beautiful. They all are! But, with such a mother, they can hardly help it!
Jennifer Hill

Tiffany said...

Yea Sara you made it! He's beautiful! Totally worth the long 9 month wait right!

mandi said...

Congrats!! Good job for sticking it out Sara! He's beautiful - all of your kids are so cute!

Em and Ty said...

I'll just round things out by saying, felicidades!! You all look great and I am so glad that he is here and that you are both well. love you

Emily VO said...

good job. what a beautiful addition to your family. We miss you guys

Amy said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you all. Looks like he will have a great big sister and brother to take care of him. Those are great photos! Can you believe I was actually in Mesa on Monday and I could have come to see you?!

Amy

Tricia said...

Congratulations! Your kids just showed up at my house! So I thought I would write a quick comment so we can all go swimming! :) He is adorable! I am sure he is going to look just like the other 3....DANG CUTE!! See ya when you get home!

simply jami said...

WE are so happy for you!!! Wow, he came so quickly...for me anyways! He is beautiful and makes your other monkeys look so grown up! We love and miss you guys. Congratulations!

jami & Damian

Ethan Steck said...

He is absolutely beautiful Guys. Thanks for the announcement. That is so exciting. I can't believe how adorable all of your children are (obviously maternal genes). Take care and hope to see you soon, Ethan

Wendy said...

Congratulations Fisks! We're so glad he's here and everyone is doing well . . . with the exception of the midnight snack story of course!