Rachel made me a beautiful picture for Mother's Day on which she wrote some of my "favorites" and other things about me. After "My mom loves to..." she wrote in big capital letters NAP. True true. Today, after getting through breakfast I announced that I was going to lay down and that I did not want anyone to come and wake me up unless there was an emergency. Far too many times I've been in blissful sleep only to be awakened by the latest "so-and-so hit so-and-so" incident and someone is demanding justice. Well, justice can wait as far as I'm concerned. So, don't wake me unless it's an emergency.
Johnny: "Like, if Adam cuts his head off, that's an emergency, right Mom?"
Adam: "Or if we go outside and start a fire, that's an emergency too, right?"
Rachel: "Or if someone swallows glass, right? That's definitely an emergency!"
A normal, non-pregnant, non-sleep deprived mom might have heard alarm bells in these potential scenarios, but not me. I assured them that all three were valid reasons to wake me up, checked to make sure there were no matches within reach and went off to bed. BTW, nothing even remotely life-threatening happened while I did my favorite thing...napped.
6 comments:
Ha Ha! I love your kids! I am glad you got a nap! I always looked forward to having a nap when I was Pregnant.
Napping is my favorite too & I'm not pregnant :) Hope you get a few more naps in before the new baby comes!!
I just left a long comment, then tried again, and continue to be hassled by google over my account, so I'm trying again! Great tithing post, anniversary post (11 years for us on Friday), I need your email address, and WHEN ARE YOU DUE???!!!! Also, boy or girl?
love, Kimberly
Ahhhh... naps. Those are in short supply these days. love you.
Kimberly, my email address is sarafisk@gmail.com. C-section on June 2. Boy. Email me!
Oh, I love the napping too! Also loved your insights on marriage. Almost 11 years for us, and I am still struggling through those issues--slow learner, good thing there's eternity.
Post a Comment